Smart Cities manage integration of the economic, social and infrastructure aspect of urbanization with the use of advanced connected infrastructure.
Many cities in the world are witnessing rapid urbanization, to accommodate the exponentially growing urban population in a sustainable and efficient manner, city governments need to adopt next generation technologies to create development strategies that are sure to deliver desired outcomes. The concept of a smart and sustainable city is based on leveraging the power of data and the latest technologies in building and information technology to minimize energy and resource consumption, increase the use of renewable energy, and reduce and manage waste effectively.
Technology enablers for Smart cities:
- IoT – Connected devices and sensors can detect and monitor major events in a city including, human presence, luminous levels, weather, fire, toxic gas emissions etc
- Predictive analytics using big data and AI
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Predictive asset management and utility services using AR/VR
- Block chain based contract and document management
- Open standard architecture
We are building a new reality for our people, a new future for our children, and a new model of development – HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Benefits of smart city solutions:
- Improves customer satisfaction – Provides reliable and efficient public amenities
- Minimizes energy losses – Optimizes energy, asset, and building management
- Controls revenue losses – Plugs leaks and minimize theft, with smart metering
- Lowers operating expenses – Reduces costs through automation
- Boosts security – Detects threats early with video analytics-based surveillance
- Bolsters e-governance – Fosters collaboration and integration across public agencies
Transportation solution for vehicle tracking, dispatching, parking area management, and optimal fuel consumption.
Indoor navigation to find places of interest, common amenities, optimal routing, and emergency evacuation points.
Cost effective parking solution using gateways and IoT to provide real-time information to city command center.
Smart bins with automatic messaging for bin status and pick-up.
Integrated solution for HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) as well as lighting, access control, and surveillance.
Real-time monitoring using machine learning for preventive maintenance and energy/water saving. Water distribution and monitoring through can be done through IoT ecosystems and data analytics.